Xiaomi is known for its high value for money devices. Xiaomi has been there in the market for a long time now. There are some leaks and rumours regarding the launch date of Xiaomi Poco F2. This article might be highly useful to you if you’re planning to buy a new handset with top quality specifications. Here, we will cover all the details such as Specifications, Features, Launch news and differences between the Poco F2 and Poco F1 in this article.
Major Specs of the Xiaomi Poco F2:
Before discussing the detailed review of the Xiaomi Poco F2, we must take a quick look at the specs of the device. The following specification sheet will provide you with all the essential details about the plot.
|Processor & Graphics||Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 SoC, Adreno 640|
|RAM & Storage||6/8 GB RAM with up to 256 GB Storage|
|Android Version||Android P/Q|
|Hybrid SIM Slot||Yes, Sim1: nano, Sim2: nano (Hybrid)|
|Rear Camera||Dual 16 MP (primary) & 8 MP (secondary) Cameras|
|Front Camera||20 MP Camera|
|Connectivity||5 Ghz Wifi 802.11 b/g/n, 4G VOLTE|
|Display||FHD+ 6.3-inch IPS LCD|
|Battery||4100 mAh with Fast Charging Support|
Features of Xiaomi Poco F2:
- Performance: The Poco F2 runs on Qualcomm’s latest chipset, i.e., Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 and Adreno 640 GPU. It will have an Octa-core (2.84 GHz, Single core, Kryo 485 + 2.42 GHz, Tri-core, Kryo 485 + 1.8 GHz, Quad-core) along with 4/6/8 GB of RAM is expected.
- The device is expected to launch with Android Q with Xiaomi’s custom MIUI on top.
- Display: This device will have a 6.3″ IPS LCD with an aspect ratio of 19.5:9. Along with a bezel-less display with a notch at the top and Pixel density of 409 ppi. It will have Screen protection of Corning Gorilla glass along with a capacitive multi-touch display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels.
- Storage: It will have an Internal memory of 128GB and is expandable up to 265GB. Also, it supports OTG.
- Camera: This device is expected to have a Dual Rear Camera setup of 16 MP primary and 8 MP secondary sensor. Will be launched with a 20 MP Front shooter Camera. It is capable of recording video of resolution of 3840×2160 pixels at 30 fps. It will also support Digital Zoom.
- Battery: Poco F2 will have an Inbuilt Li-Polymer battery of 4100 mAh which will have Fast Charging Support as well.
- Connectivity: It is expected to have Wi-Fi 802.11, b/g/n and also features Mobile Hotspot. This device will have VoLTE support for both SIM Slots and Bluetooth v5.0. Apart from that, there will be a Type C port as well.
- Media: It has Loudspeakers and still has a 3.5mm Headphone Jack.
- Sensors: It has a Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope sensor and, Compass as well. It is also expected to have an In-Display Fingerprint Sensor.
Expected Pricing and Launch Date: Xiaomi Poco F2
Poco F2 might be the next flagship killer from Xiaomi, the Poco F2 is on its way and may come soon to the market. Like the predecessor, the Poco F2 is also expected to launch at an affordable price of Rs. 26,990.
The Xiaomi Poco F2 will launch in India in late March 2019.
Expected Launch date: March 29, 2019.
Geekbench Scores: Xiaomi Poco F2
In the recent Geekbench listings, the Poco F2 also appeared, and the results are amazing. The Poco F2 scored 1776 in the Single-core test and 6097 in the Multi-core test. Talking about the performance of this device, we will get to see some better optimizations as it will be running on latest Android Q.
Xiaomi Poco F2 v/s Xiaomi Poco F1: What’s new?
Both of these handsets have the top-notch specifications and are better than most of the other smartphones in this price range right now. But, there are some significant changes that Poco has implemented to the successor of Poco F1. The spec-sheet shown below will give you an idea about the changes made in the upcoming Xiaomi Poco F2 and the critical differences between the Poco F2 and the Poco F1.
|Variants||Xiaomi Poco F1||Xiaomi Poco F2|
|Chipset||Qualcomm Snapdragon 845||Qualcomm Snapdragon 855|
|Display||6.18″ (15.7 cm)||6.3″ (16 cm)|
|Storage||64 GB||128 GB|
|RAM||6/8 GB||6/8 GB|
|Battery||4000 mAh||4100 mAh|
|Android version||Android Oreo 8.1||Android Q (expected)|
|Graphics||Adreno 630||Adreno 640|
|Pixel Density||403 ppi||409 ppi|
These are some significant upgrades that we can expect to see in the upcoming Xiaomi Poco F2.
Should you buy the upcoming Xiaomi Poco F2?
In this article, we have gone through all the major specifications and features of the upcoming Poco F2. If you are looking for a device that has high-end specs at a low budget, then you can go for the Xiaomi Poco F2. But, if you’re still using the Poco F1 as your daily driver, the upgrade might not be worth it since the older F1 is still a very good smart with high-end specs.