The Smartphone giant which is loved by all, of course, we are talking about OnePlus here, launched its most awaited and anticipated series of the year just a few weeks ago. On May 14, 2019, OnePlus unveiled its OnePlus 7 and we are glad to tell you that we will be reviewing the same in this article. At this course of time, both the 7 and the 7 Pro are available in the market so, stay tuned to this article, because we will be discussing everything related to the new OnePlus 7, and you will get to know what’s best for your pocket.
OnePlus is known for its best value for money devices. We are expecting the OnePlus 7 to be a mindblowing smartphone this year too, as the previous predecessors. When you look at the design and appearance of the device, you might trick your brain for a while because the OnePlus7 seems just like the old OnePlus 6T. But there are a lot more aspects of the new phone that are different from the 6T.
So now we will be heading to the comparison between the specification of both of the two competing devices.
OnePlus7 and OnePlus6T Comparison:
|Processor||Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 855 (Octa-core)||Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 845 (Octa-core)|
|GPU||Adreno 640||Adreno 630|
|RAM||6 GB | 8 GB||6 GB | 8 GB|
|Storage||128 GB | 256 GB||128 GB | 256 GB|
|Rear Cameras||48 MP + 5 MP||16 MP + 20 MP|
|Front Camera||16 MP||16 MP|
|Sensors||In-display Fingerprint Sensor, Accelerometer, Electronic Compass, Gyroscope, Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Sensor Core||In-display Fingerprint Sensor, Accelerometer, Electronic Compass, Gyroscope, Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Sensor Core|
20W Fast charging
20W Dash Charging
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi 802.11, a/ac/b/g/n/n 5GHz, MIMO, Mobile Hotspot||Wi-Fi 802.11, a/ac/b/g/n/n 5GHz, MIMO, Mobile Hotspot|
Significant Differences between OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 6T:
Let us discuss some key differences between the competitors, the OnePlus 7, and the OnePlus6T.
- OnePlus 7: Available at the starting price of Rs.32,999 for the 6 GB RAM variant with 128 GB of storage.
- OnePlus 6T: Available for Rs.32,999 for the 8 GB RAM variant and 128 GB of storage.
- OnePlus 7: Dual Rear Camera setup with 48 MP primary sensor and 5 MP secondary sensor, and 16 MP front camera.
- OnePlus 6t: Dual Rear Camera setup with 16 MP primary sensor and 20 MP secondary sensor, and 16 MP front camera.
- OnePlus 7: Powered by Qualcomm’s latest chipset, Snapdragon 855 SoC.
- OnePlus 6T: Powered by one generation older, Snapdragon 845 SoC.
- OnePlus 7: Carries a 4000 mAh battery with 20W Fast Charging support.
- OnePlus 6T: Carries a 3700 mAh battery with 20W Dash Charging support.
- OnePlus 7: It is powered by the latest GPU, Adreno 640 for better performance.
- OnePlus 6T: It is powered by one generation older GPU, Adreno 630.
- OnePlus 7: It is equipped with the latest UFS 3.0 technology. You can now store & move files even faster.
- OnePlus 6T: It is equipped with UFS 2.1 technology which is comparatively slower than OP7
Should you Upgrade?
As you have gone through all the specification and the significant differences between both the devices, the OnePlus 7 and its predecessor, the OnePlus 6T, you must be wondering whether to upgrade to OnePlus7 or not? So, if you’re someone who is using the OnePlus 6T as your daily driver, we suggest you not to upgrade to the new OnePlus 7 as there are not enough upgrades in the new phone. The older OnePlus 6T still has capabilities to handle every task, and it won’t be worth it if you upgrade to the OnePlus 7 from OnePlus6T.
In all, the new OnePlus 7 is a fantastic smartphone for today’s generation. By now, you must have seen the specs and features already and, for that price tag, the OnePlus 7 is indeed worth the upgrade if you are using some phone other than the 6T at this moment. The OnePlus 7’s fast and smooth experience is something you must feel once, as we liked the device very much. If you have any queries regarding the OnePlus 7, 6T or something else, please contact free to comment down in the comment section. Please share it with your Friends and Family if you liked reading it.